Friday, June 25, 2010

Three Great Home Decor Online Finds

As Finland is winding down to enjoy Mid Summer (Juhannus), I am dreaming about the lake, the lightness of the night, the smell of flowers at midnight.. and watching over three screaming, giggling, jumping, running, sweaty, and fabulous little girls on a play date (aaah, the endless energy..). It is too hot in New York to be outdoors (at least for pregnant people!) so I am going to have to miss the Swedish Mid Summer picnic in Battery Park this year. But that's ok - the whole family is going to a friend's traditional Mid Summer party at the lake cottage tomorrow!

While the girls are having fun I've been surfing the net and I scored some fabulous net finds. First of all, the blog by Eddie Ross, a home decor wizard and a personality who got his start at Martha Stewart, but has since blossomed on his own.




Then I clicked through Lonny, a home decor online magazine, founded by Eddie Ross and found beautiful pictures, and such a colorful inspiration. Lonny reminds me a bit of the now defunct Domino magazine, and I really hope that Lonny will eventually be available in print copy as well. I miss Domino and can't believe that there would not be an audience for a magazine in that space, more funky, fun and accessible than most home decor mags. Lonny is definitely a site that I will keep going back to.

Lonny led me to find an outlet for Home Decor, One Kings Lane, and as an outlet lover with a champagne taste, I was quite happy with this find! There is of course a place for Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Pier One etc, but One Kings Lane is a place where you can score serious finds, such as original lithographs by Marc Chagall, one of my favorite painters ever.. So I was happy that my mindless web-surfing was very productive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment