Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fortune cookie saying for today - the perfect wake-up call for Mid Summer

This morning I found a fortune cookie strip in my wallet which I must have saved there ages ago. 

"Even in the greatest confusion there is an open channel into the soul."

If only, in the middle of a million stresses, we would remember to take the time to listen to our soul/heart/body, our lives would be so much more peaceful and manageable. It is so easy to get caught up in the moment, day after day. I have to constantly remind myself to take that moment to re-balance and take a deep breath, quiet the mind, let myself believe that the universe will carry me... My promise to myself this mid-summer is that I will try to find a peaceful moment by the lake, and just sit there and let go of the fear, the worry, the stress, and let love and hope fill me and then just be in that moment and enjoy it.

Here's a picture of another lake, in Finland, to which I sometimes return in my mind:

No comments:

Post a Comment