Friday, May 21, 2010

When it rains, it pours - or take this Kimora Lee Simmons!

So I never got to share what I did get for mother's day (which, in case you haven't noticed, is a humongous affair in this family - probably because I was the type to never have children and then ended up with 2 and a third on the way). Anyway... After all the talk about a Bottega Veneta and secretly hoping that my hubby would have somehow scored a Birkin at some auction, I got neither. But I did get bags. Four of them, as a matter of fact! What did I say - when it rains, it pours :-)

The story of the bags starts with an illegal ponzi-scheme recently discovered by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Often times when all other avenues to recover moneys have been exhausted, there is an auction that sells the criminal's possessions, such as cars, yachts, art, etc. all the way down to the jewelery and bags of the criminal's poor wife. Enter my husband whose hobby it is to check out auctions. He happens to go to this particular auction where they are selling the stuff that the Ponzi-scheme criminal and his wife used to own. My hubby was really after a certain very rare watch, which he did not win. But then as he was leaving a lot of four Louis Vuitton bags came on, and he thinks, hmm, my wife has been talking about bags like a crazy woman lately, let me bid on this one. And he wins the bid! And goes home with four brand new looking LV's.. A few days later it's mother's day - so guess what mommy got?




No comments:

Post a Comment