Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A New Line to Watch - Leifsdottir

I discovered Leifsdottir online last summer when I was enormously pregnant. The clothes seemed really cute and had a somehow Scandinavian feel. And of course there was the name, Leifsdottir. I was left wondering about the Scandinavian connection. Sunday's New York Times Styles section brough the answer! Leifsdottir is a standalone higher end line started under the Urban Inc (parent of Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters) umbrella. The clothes are sold at Bergdorf''s, Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus (and apparently they sell very well). And, the best of all, the line is the brain and design child of Johanna Uurasjarvi, a fellow Finn, who for ten years was the director of designer for Anthropologie, and then started this line in 2010. I can't wait to get myself to the nearest Bloomies next weekend to try on a few pieces.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment