Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day

I just realized I should have saved my composting entry to today, the Earth Day. To celebrate the topic, here is a great link to making your compost :-) http://www.nature.org/activities/art23424.html

Even though it's been around for 40 years, I feel like the Earth Day is getting a lot more emphasis this year than ever before and I think it's great! Having grown up in Finland where untouched and unspoiled nature is never too far away, you grow up undestanding and appreciating the natural environment. I am very happy that my daughter is also growing up understanding how important it is to protect the earth and conserve energy. Her wonderful teachers are focusing on the things that everyone can do in their daily lives to live more green. My darling 7-year old goes around our apartment and turns off lights from rooms that no one is in, she unplugs unnecessary gadgets and chargers when not in use, turns off the water while brushing her teeth and inspires us to pay attention to these things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment