Thursday, June 28, 2012

My NYC

I have loved New York from the time I visited Manhattan for the first time as a fresh and naive 19-year old, and got my neck stiff because I looked up at the buildings all day. NYC still inspires me. And of course I am not alone. A friend of mine recently told me that she feels like it's an adventure every day, stepping out on the street in Manhattan (and not just because of the crazy bike messengers).

Wall Street is my work neighborhood, and this area has come a long way since 9/11. I've worked in four different addresses here, and was here on 9/11, which really destroyed the area for a number of years. I was happy when my company moved to midtown soon after. I've been back downtown for a few years now, and it's great to see this area bouncing back.

There's the beauty of New York: it is resilient, tough and ambitious. It's certainly not the easiest city to live in, but I am sure that it's one of the greatest.

Water Street (at Wall Street)
Liberty Street
Bike Rentals are new within the past couple of years in NYC - I always wonder how the tourists have the gut to ride here..
South Street Seaport

No comments:

Post a Comment