Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Work Week Vegetarian

I am trying something new this week. New for me that is, old for many people who've already seen the light. I am giving up meat, and eating a vegetarian diet during the work week. I was inspired by an old friend who recently became vegetarian and looks damn good! She was never heavy, but now she's lost those couple extra pounds from around her middle, and looks just radiant. Great skin, very healthy looking. She also dropped her cholesterol so much that she did not need medication, but that's beside the point. The point is that she looks gorgeous, and I became a bit jealous, and decided to follow suit. Of course I picked the worst PMS week to alter my diet, but even with that, and with just four days of eating vegetarian, I feel great. Less bloated, more clarity in thinking, just somehow less foggy. Skin is weirdly clear too, or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

My next stop is to watch the Forks Over Knives movie.

I am taking this thing step by step, not ready to give up animal products all together yet, I love dairy, especially plain yogurt and cheese too much. But I believe that even being a work week vegetarian will improve my health and set me on the right path.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your wise decision! Happy weekend! X

    ReplyDelete