Thursday, May 10, 2012

Office Outfits: Tops

Overheard on the train yesterday two college students, apparently about to graduate this spring, speaking about what they wear going to interviews. The other girl was actually on her way to one, wearing a light colored cute blazer, skinny jeans and ballerinas. A cute outfit in and of itself, but not an interview outfit. The girl actually said to her friend that she does not want to look too formal. I wanted to give her some advice, but kept it to myself because I did not want to ruin her confidence before the interview. The thing is, I don't think it is ok to go to an interview wearing jeans. If you are interviewing to a professional position, or even to a job that will lead to a professional position, you have to wear professional clothes, and worn out skinny jeans are not it. Of course companies have different cultures, but I don't think that any serious company would punish you for making the effort to dress nice and somewhat conservative for an interview. Or am I too old, and have been in the financial industry for too long and know nothing about real life?

Anyway, here are some of my recent, more relaxed, business outfits or, tops:

No comments:

Post a Comment