Monday, May 14, 2012

Don't Let a Bad Day Make You Feel Like You Have a Bad Life

When you are working through some stressful things, it is difficult to remember that "this too shall pass". But what I tell my daughters is to never let one bad day, or a week, or even a month, make you feel like you have a bad life. I just lived through a few trying weeks, that were naggingly stressful, and full of emotional anxiety. It all ended perfectly on time for Mother's Day. Now that it's over I feel drained out, tired (I slept 10 hours last night) and at the same time, I feel really good, happy and grateful about what my life is right now. I am true to myself, and to the people around me, living an honest and grounded life, providing a base for my daughters to grow up free and safe, and explore who they are. I am so proud to be the mother of these three intelligent and beautiful individuals, who each have their own unique character, mind, humor, likes and dislikes. I received many Mother's Day presents, but the best ones were the sincere words straight from the heart telling me that I am the best mom anyone could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment