Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Love Elixir

Went to the Opera almost a month ago to see the old Italian masterpiece l'Elisir d'Amore by Donizetti. The production at the New York Metropolitan Opera was great (as always) and the opera is light and funny. It was the perfect opera to take my 9-year old to see. She loved it and I was so happy that her first opera experience turned out so much fun. I love the Metropolitan Opera no matter what, just because of its space in the Lincoln Center. The humongous Marc Chagall paintings at the entrance, and the gorgeous and distinct chandeliers that raise when the program is about to start. The amazing space makes you feel is so grand and excited. The music is another story all together. I've seen many operas there, and have never been disappointed. This time was no different, and I think I fell little bit in love with the peruvian bel canto tenor, Juan Diego Florez. What a beautiful voice (and face)!




No comments:

Post a Comment