Friday, November 11, 2011

Quiet on the Blog Front

Well there's an obvious statement. Looks like I haven't had the time or energy to post in over a month. Life has been crazy, both in a good way and in a bad way... Work has been busy as ever, I was diagnosed with a carpal tunnel syndrome on my left wrist, and on the social front there's been a wedding, kids' birthdays, dinner parties and Halloween. Time to take a little breather before the Holiday season is upon us. Oops, it already is. Thanksgiving is in less than two weeks, yikes! As the hostess with the mosses, I usually host Thanksgiving, and this year too, but thankfully (no pun intended) to a smaller group. However, after Thanksgiving there is a lot of entertainment ahead, as well as a trip to Finland before Christmas. This year we are actually home for Christmas which has not happened for many years, and I am really looking forward to it.

Today it is 11/11/11 - a good time to take a moment and take stock...

On a different note, this fall has been a bit crazy because of another reason too. I have not found a bag to totally fall in love with, or enough to make the commitment of a purchase. And yes, it has been frustrating. I mean, there is the beautiful Fendi lady bag, Silvana, and of course there is Celine with the interesting side flaps. But something has been holding me back from being totally gaga..  That is, until now. I went to a doctor's appointment today and a very stylish girl there, a fellow patient, was rocking a gorgeous Reed Krakoff bag. I recognized it because of the belt detail, having seen it in magazines. And of course I had to ask, and confirm my doubt. What a gorgeous bag it was. I had as bad bag envy as ever! And I was wearing my cross body Hermes, which says something. Anyhow, I am so happy tomorrow is Saturday and since I had decided to take it easy, I have no plans, and I can take a drive to Saks which sells these beauties. I am torn between the black one and the orange. I mean, the black is gorgeous, and goes with everything, but how many black bags does a person need? The orange is a beautiful hue and what a pop of color! Hopefully I could see both tomorrow and then make the right choice.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment