Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wardrobe Malfunction

The fast approaching warm weather season has spurred me to examine my wardrobe. The first observation is that it is in a sorry state.

Rachel Zoe's closet must be amazing!


I have a lot of clothes and nothing to wear.

I feel like I am just now waking up from a looong hibernation during which my wardrobe has been much ignored. The biggest style challenge is my weight which is out of control and because of which I don't fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. I have resorted to wearing a few pieces that are left over from previous "fat" times (and quite old) and a couple of new pieces bought in desperation. I am sick of wearing the same stuff over and over.

I could continue analyzing what has brought my wardrobe to this sorry state, and put off actually doing something about it, or I could think about possible solutions to improve the situation.

California Closet - wish I had one! 
Solution 1:
Throw away everything, go shopping and buy a whole new wardrobe. ***  Tempting, but unconscientious and irresponsible. Ruled out.

Solution 2: Starve myself and fit into the better clothes in my wardrobe within a couple of weeks. ***  Well, if it was that easy why is there so many overweight people around?

Solution 3: Purchase a few key pieces; ideally pieces that would work even after I eventually lose the babyweight.  ***  Doable! Just have to decide what to buy. Resist impulses and stick to a plan.

Solution 4: Be more creative with the clothes that I do have and fit into. Use accessories to spruce them up.  *** Duh! Isn't that what I have been trying to do for the past 3 months?

Who would not kill to have Tamara Mellon's closet? All those Jimmy Choos....

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling!!! As I unpacked my Spring clothes from the boxes they came in from Bolivia I wanted to cry. Cannot throw everything out but some will definitely go. Been buying a few pieces at Anthropologie and Calypso, some simple things. Also love the new linen dresses at Muji. Simple, very Japanese.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be editing my wardrobe too, slowly but surely updating. I will check out Muji, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete