Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spring time

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day in New York. The earth in my back yard smells like new life and the grass is dry enough to play ball on.  I surprised myself by getting an urge to get my hands dirty, and pulled out some old weeds and their roots from a patch that I intend to use for a little herb and flower garden. The actual planting still has to wait for another month and a half at least. And while working in the garden, I found this little chinese lion that has obviously been guarding our garden a long time, and I don't plan to remove him from his guarding post.



While waiting for some flowers to bloom in the garden, I can enjoy this beautiful orchid indoors. This orchid has been around a long time and is still so lovely.



In the evening my hubby and I went out after a very long time for a fun dinner at the Meatpacking district in Manhattan. We had great fun with friends and enjoyed yummy food at one of the area's hot spot restaurants, Fig & Olive. If I get a chance I will later post my outfit; I wore the H&M dress bought last weekend... 

No comments:

Post a Comment