Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Time Crunch + Renovation Status

I don't know if it is because I am highly pregnant but I just feel so inefficient and like I am not getting enough done in a day..every day is a time crunch! There are still boxes and piles of stuff everywhere. I am really getting the message in the saying "less is more". It really is! And I will truly try to remember that from now on and live by it.

I met my new neighbor the other day, who happens to have two kids same age as mine, and she told me that she still has unopened boxes in the basement and she's been here two years. She moved from City as well and is very nice!

Renovation-wise there are a few nagging things that just seem to take forever to get fixed, like the cooktop (which hasn't arrived yet!) and the vanity top in the children's bathroom. The vanity top was supposed to come in today, but now they told us it's coming on Friday. We shall see.. It would make life a lot easier if we had the top, sinks and faucets in the bathroom! Another nagging item is the washer and dryer which have not been installed yet. Laundry is piling up like crazy. Now I am happy that the kids have a ton of clothes so they at least can wear clean stuff.. But regardless, we need to have those machines hooked up sooner rather than later. The basement is still a complete disaster, we have not even been able to really decide what to do there. A full basement renovation will probably need to wait until next year. Right now we'll just make do by changing the carpet and painting the walls.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see some pictures of your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise I will post some as soon as it gets a bit cleaner.. Right now it is still too messy to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog already sometime and I like it...maybe some more photos would be nice:)

    ReplyDelete