Sunday, April 22, 2012

Old and New

I had the small LV Saumur forever, but since having kids it has been too small (definitely will not fit diapers, sippy cups, snacks, wipes, etc., not to mention wallet, sunglasses, 2 phones, iPad...) and I gave it to my little fashionista who thinks it makes her look like an "explorer". Now LV has updated the Saumur with the Menilmontant which is named after a working class part of Paris. And working this bag is! It is the perfect mommy bag, which is fitting since this was my early Mother's Day present. The Menilmontant has everything that you would expect of a good cross body: a generous strap, flattering shape, enough room without being overly heavy (thanks to canvas lining). I am really happy with it! But also a bit sad because I think my cross-body quota is now full... I did see the perfect orangey red woven (fake) leather cross body Stella McCartney at Saks, and an ad for the most deliciously colorful and gorgeously simple Dooney & Burke cross-bodies in Vogue. But too many candies will give you a belly ache, or at least leave the wallet aching, so a girl's got to choose. And I made my decision: Menilmontant it is! Thank you to my Family for such a nice early present.

No comments:

Post a Comment