Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Jet lag and freezing temperatures + the Christmas present

For some reason, even though I have made the journey a hundred times, the jet lag always comes as a shock when I travel to my native Finland from New York. This time there is also the weather to give you a little jolt - it is -20 Celsius outside!! I am not a stylish traveler, I always admire those who can travel looking beautifully put together and looking fresh. I look harried, nervous and tired...and want to be comfortable over style. I am always afraid that my flights will be late, canceled or that I have to spend a lot of time waiting at the airport. I wore my Uggs (and boy was I glad I did when I stepped out in Helsinki), my full length Michael Kors down coat (perfect pick that too), skinny jeans and a cashmere cardigan.

When traveling my biggest joy is watching people, studying their styles, comparing styles between countries.. I usually also spot someone famous, this time it was a Finnish ex president and international peace negotiator Martti Ahtisaari.

I am also finding my early Christmas gift is absolutely fabulous when traveling and it has garnered surprisingly much interest - the iPad, on which I am typing this blog entry. The iPad is so much more stylish than a laptop and so light to carry. I am turning out to be a big big fan!

1 comment:

  1. Kiva, että pääsit sittenkin Suomeen! Mukavaa lomaa!

    ReplyDelete