Friday, December 3, 2010

Culinary delights

Foodwise this has been a great week! Yesterday I had dinner at a legendary Wall Street eatery, Harry's at Hanover Square. Harry's Wednesday special is Beef Wellington, which has been served there every Wednesday for decades, and is phenomenal. Unfortunately I did not know this as we were ordering, so I ordered a Kobe beef burger (which was absolutely fabulous in it's own right). However, a couple Wall Street old timers ordered the Beef Wellington and I got to try it...and all I can say is WOW - I have never tasted beef that tender! This dish is definitely worth making the trip to Harry's again on a Wednesday!

Then today I had a chance to have lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Tribeca Grill. I am a fearless eater and love trying new foods. I love seafood and when I noticed an interesting dish on the menu I had to try: red Wine BraIsed Octopus Carpaccio with shaved heart of palm and jalopeno vinaigrette. It was lovely! The octopus was not chewy or tough or crunchy, but just melted in your mouth...perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment