Saturday, February 18, 2012

Goodbye Whitney

Whitney, your funeral is taking place today. So sorry that you passed away. Your talent was amazing. I have always loved this song, and my kids love it too... Thanks for giving it to us. Thanks for giving so much joy through your music to so many people. If only you would have had some of that joy in your own life, and not be so troubled with substance abuse. Goodbye and rest in peace. 


I believe the children are our future
Teach them well
And let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty
They possess inside
Give them a sense of pride
To make it easier
Let the children's laughter
Remind us how we used to be

Everybody's searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone
Who fulfilled my needs
A lonely place to be
And so I learned to depend on me.

I decided long ago
Never to walk in anyone's shadow
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I lived as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity

Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

No comments:

Post a Comment